One year of exchanges
One big connected community forever
Open Call for Twin Hubs
Are you interested in exploring innovative ways of collaboration, exchanging best practices with another creative hub and co-creating a community event? Creative FLIP launches the “TWIN HUBS” Exchange Program aiming at engaging peers from creative hubs across Europe and acting as a springboard for the establishment of sustainable and long-term partnerships among the hubs community.
TWIN HUBS PROGRAM
TWIN HUBS is a blended mobility peer to peer program for hubs based on the “sister cities” model. It foresees a matching of two hubs who will commit to a one-year long cooperation and exchange program, involving blended mobility – with a combination of online meetings, community exchange, and a classic P2P exchange program between hub members.
During 2022-2023, Creative FLIP will organize and support 25 partnerships between creative hubs throughout the EU and its neighborhood. Each twinning will enable two representatives per hub – a member of the hub managing team and a hub community member – to exchange online and in person. This will provide an opportunity to a total of 100 individuals to experience working in a different creative hub, as well as to engage in a mutual learning experience with their hosts.
- 25 Twinnings
- 50 mobilities for hub managers
- 50 mobilities for hub community members
- 25 final community events
FOR A YEAR YOU AND YOUR TWIN HUB:
*The event location may or may not be a hub already participating in the TWIN HUB program and is to be defined in agreement with ECHN and Goethe-Institut.
Participation in the Twin Hubs program foresees the following benefits:
Selected hubs will receive:
- Up to 2,350 EUR in total (per hub) for travel & subsistence costs of one hub manager and one community member.
For the final event Creative FLIP will provide:
- A budget of 600 or 1,000 EUR respectively for the hosting location, depending on whether the event is public and open to general audience (1,000 EUR), or an internal community event for the hub members only (600 EUR).
- This budget is exclusively intended for space rental, communications, catering and organizational costs of the showcasing event.
Creative FLIP will also cover
- Travel & subsistence costs for the hub managers to attend the opening ceremony in Porto in October.
This call for applications is open to Creative Hubs from the following countries:
EU Member States, United Kingdom, Faroe Islands, Switzerland, North Macedonia, Serbia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Montenegro, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Territory of Ukraine as recognised by international law, Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria; Tunisia, Territory of Russia as recognised by international law.
 *This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence
 This designation shall not be construed as recognition of a State of Palestine and is without prejudice to the individual positions of the Member States on this issue.
An evaluation committee composed by experts of the project team will be selecting the applications.
The criteria used for evaluation will be:
- project ideas for the visit
- proposed skills exchanges and experiences
- geographical balance
- quality of the pre-match (if applicable)
The deadline for applications for the TWIN HUBS exchange program is 5 September 2022 (23:59 CET)
5 September 2022
end of September
Announcement of results
11 October 2022
January 2023 onwards
by August 2023